The new autobiography from KISS's lead guitarist Ace Frehley titled No Regrets includes a humorous story and photo about the times when Rush and KISS were on the road together touring. From the book:Ace Frehley of KISS fame has published a new biography titled No Regrets. The book, which hit store shelves on Monday, includes the following story and accompanying photo: "I have so many road stories, but one that always comes to mind is the tour we did in the summer of 1975 with Rush opening for us. I always liked Rush (and still do). After a few weeks on tour I started to get to know the guys in the band, and their very funny tour manager, Howie. One thing led to another and before long Peter and I were getting visits from the Rush boys.The above segment appears on pages 188-189 of chapter 13 titled Fast Cars, Celebs, and Betty White.
It usually turned into late evenings filled with beer and grass and whatever else was around. Alex Lifeson, the band's guitarist, used to do this hysterical routine with a large paper laundry bag. He'd draw a ridiculous giant face on the bag with a black marker and put it over his head with a couple of holes poked in it so he could see and breathe.
Everyone in the room at this point was either drunk or stoned, but usually a little of both. Anyway, Alex would go into this routine with the bag over his head and while smoking a joint out of his eye he put everyone into total hysterics. He really milked the routine until everyone was gasping for air!" - Ace Frehley, No Regrets
The autobiography is on sale now and can be ordered HERE.
Thanks to RushFanForever for the news.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order The Latest from Rush Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Friday, November 4, 2011
Ace Frehley Talks Rush In His New Autobiography "No Regrets"
Posted by Jag2112 at Friday, November 04, 2011
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- ► 2016 (58)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (162)
- ► 2012 (220)
- Rush Sectors Box Set - Liner Notes, Tracks and Ima...
- Geddy Lee Honoured by Scholarship Endowment
- Triumph's Rik Emmett Covers Red Barchetta
- Alex Lifeson Makes Rolling Stone List of Top 100 G...
- An Intimate Interview with Geddy Lee of Rush
- Alex Lifeson Interview on Planet Rock - Now Online...
- Rush Sectors Box Set Video Trailer Now Online
- Rush Clockwork Angels Article in Rolling Stone Mag...
- Rush's Neil Peart Takes A Ride In His Ohio Time Ma...
- Rush Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland - Now Av...
- Walk Your Dog in Neil Peart Park
- Alex Lifeson Interview on Humble and Fred Radio
- Ace Frehley Talks Rush In His New Autobiography "N...
- Win An Autographed Rush ‘Moving Pictures’ Lithogra...
- Neil Peart: The Modern Drummer Interview - Now Onl...
- ▼ November (15)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2016 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.