A new interview with Geddy Lee was just published in the Birmingham Post titled Rush are Laughting in the Limelight.
Geddy touches upon a number of topics including his love of wine, his time with Alex and Neil, the current tour and more. Here's an excerpt from the article:Like a fine wine, Rush seem to get better and better with age – uncorking a spectacular three-and-a-half hour show on their current Time Machine Tour, which rolls into the LG Arena this weekend.Check out the entire article via this LINK.
“Yeah, it’s a working job, manual labour... but it’s great work if you can get it,” Lee jokes.
Playing full pelt for that long is no mean feat in itself, but especially when you’ve known each other – and many of the songs – for longer than most folks’ marriages.
Lee says the secret is not only a shared musical vision, but the ability to have fun at the same time:
“We’re really pleased with the way we’re playing on this tour,” says Lee. “In all immodesty I think we’re playing as well as we’ve ever played; I feel pretty good about that.
“We’re all very different personalities – I think that’s a contrast and a healthy thing; we all have certain strong things in common too – we have a great sense of pride in our ability to make each other laugh, and that is almost like a nightly challenge, always in the background, you know – it’s a one-upmanship we have with each other, making each other laugh and that even crosses over onto the stage.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order The Latest from Rush Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Friday, May 20, 2011
Rush are Laughing in the Limelight
Posted by Jag2112 at Friday, May 20, 2011
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- ► 2016 (59)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (162)
- ► 2012 (220)
- Gibson Ranks the "Top 10 Rock Drummers of All Time...
- Jeff Woods Interview with Neil Peart Now Online
- Cleveland Rush Concert DVD Release Date: September...
- Rush's "Countdown" To Be Beamed to the Space Shutt...
- Rush to Play British Rock Festival Next Summer?
- Rush Featured in the 25 Best Progressive Rock Song...
- Everyone Would Gather on the 24th of May...
- Rush are Laughing in the Limelight
- The 2012 Rush Wall Calendar - Now Available for Pr...
- Ohio Governor Asks Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Why ...
- Video Interview with Alex Lifeson Guitar and Hughe...
- Rich Chycki Blog Update: News on Moving Pictures 5...
- Gibson Ranks Rush Third Best Trio of All Time
- Rush Make an "Appearance" on Latest Episode of Sou...
- New Rush Contest - Win The Entire Music Catalog .....
- Win a Meet & Greet with Neil Peart's Drum Tech Lor...
- A Pair of Alex Lifeson Interviews
- Geddy Lee Interview with Ireland's Radio Nova - No...
- Spin Magazine Lists YYZ Among the Best Instrumenta...
- Alex Lifeson Talks Moving Pictures: Track-by-Track...
- Like Clockwork?: Geddy Lee Discusses the Progressi...
- Alex Lifeson Calls Pete Townshend the 'Greatest So...
- Rush Resume their Time Machine Tour in Europe -- F...
- Dave Clark and The Woodshed Orchestra's New Song G...
- Geddy Lee Makes Guest Appearance on The Black Sea ...
- Auction for Autism Offers Up Rush-Autographed Gibs...
- Rush and Philosophy Book Now Available
- ▼ May (27)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2016 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.