While Gibson may be known for guitars, that hasn't stopped them from reaching out into other musical areas. Accordingly, a new section of their website discusses the Top 10 Rock Drummers of All Time where Neil Peart came in at the #2 spot:2. Neal Peart (Rush)Taking the top spot is, not surprisingly, John Bonham of Led Zeppelin which makes Neil the #1 Living Rock drummer of all time.
Drummer and lyricist for Rush, Neal Peart is hailed in many circles as the quintessential rock drummer. He’s known for his ingenious drum parts and intense solos with lead passages that rock hard and prove the drums, indeed, can be a lead instrument. No Rush concert is complete without Peart’s sparking, obligatory drum solo, and his syncopated drumming style certainly has its own distinct sound and aura. You can always tell when it’s Peart playing.
You can check out the entire Top 10 list via this LINK.
Thanks to Eric from Power Windows for passing along the news.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order The Latest from Rush Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Gibson Ranks the "Top 10 Rock Drummers of All Time"
Posted by Jag2112 at Tuesday, May 31, 2011
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- ► 2014 (64)
- ► 2013 (162)
- ► 2012 (220)
- Gibson Ranks the "Top 10 Rock Drummers of All Time...
- Jeff Woods Interview with Neil Peart Now Online
- Cleveland Rush Concert DVD Release Date: September...
- Rush's "Countdown" To Be Beamed to the Space Shutt...
- Rush to Play British Rock Festival Next Summer?
- Rush Featured in the 25 Best Progressive Rock Song...
- Everyone Would Gather on the 24th of May...
- Rush are Laughing in the Limelight
- The 2012 Rush Wall Calendar - Now Available for Pr...
- Ohio Governor Asks Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Why ...
- Video Interview with Alex Lifeson Guitar and Hughe...
- Rich Chycki Blog Update: News on Moving Pictures 5...
- Gibson Ranks Rush Third Best Trio of All Time
- Rush Make an "Appearance" on Latest Episode of Sou...
- New Rush Contest - Win The Entire Music Catalog .....
- Win a Meet & Greet with Neil Peart's Drum Tech Lor...
- A Pair of Alex Lifeson Interviews
- Geddy Lee Interview with Ireland's Radio Nova - No...
- Spin Magazine Lists YYZ Among the Best Instrumenta...
- Alex Lifeson Talks Moving Pictures: Track-by-Track...
- Like Clockwork?: Geddy Lee Discusses the Progressi...
- Alex Lifeson Calls Pete Townshend the 'Greatest So...
- Rush Resume their Time Machine Tour in Europe -- F...
- Dave Clark and The Woodshed Orchestra's New Song G...
- Geddy Lee Makes Guest Appearance on The Black Sea ...
- Auction for Autism Offers Up Rush-Autographed Gibs...
- Rush and Philosophy Book Now Available
- ▼ May (27)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.