One Louder Magazine has just posted an interview with Andy Curran; Anthem/SRO's A&R (Artists and Repertoire) man. In the interview, Andy discusses his long history with Rush, his daily A&R duties at Anthem/SRO, the Time Machine Tour and more.OLM: How did you get involved with RUSH? Were you a fan of the band before coming on board?You can read the entire interview via this LINK.
AC: I’ve been friends with Geddy for years. We played tennis together which led to meeting guitarist Alex Lifeson. Eventually my solo band opened for RUSH on the Roll the Bones Tour. It was a very easy transition with them as we were friends first. However, I do pinch myself all the time when I’m with the guys, as I was a really big fan of the band growing up; I even bought a Rickenbacker bass because of Geddy!!!
However, with RUSH I don’t really think the true definition of A&R exists with them. They know what they want. I offer suggestions, but those guys are in cruise control and know exactly what they want. I try to administer their wishes by assembling a great team of producers, engineers and studios. As a fellow musician, I instinctively have their backs, so I’m on guard 24/7 to make sure that anything that comes across my desk for them is first class. They deserve that. In fact, all of our acts deserve that.
Thanks to Skip Daly for passing along the news.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order The Latest from Rush Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Monday, September 26, 2011
One Louder Magazine Interviews Rush/Anthem's A&R Man Andy Curran
Posted by Jag2112 at Monday, September 26, 2011
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- ► 2015 (74)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (162)
- ► 2012 (220)
- Rush Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland - Theate...
- Closer to the Heart Included in Guitar World's Top...
- A Rush of Light: Four Decades in the Making
- Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland Premieres Ton...
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Nominations Are In - Wi...
- One Louder Magazine Interviews Rush/Anthem's A&R M...
- Here We Go Again - Blu-Ray Version of Time Machine...
- Alex Lifeson's Live Rig Photo Gallery
- VH1 Classic "RUSH Hashanah" Details Revealed - Tim...
- Clockwork Angels Update from Rush Producer Nick Ra...
- Rush Unveils Time Machine 2011 Live Releases
- Rush: Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland to Prem...
- Geddy Lee Options Dave Bidini's Baseballissimo - U...
- Happy Birthday Neil Peart
- Grapes of Humanity Auction Underway - Numerous Rus...
- Tom Cochrane Releasing New EP featuring Alex Lifes...
- Mobile Production Monthly Magazine Features Rush a...
- Rush to Donate Personal Items to Grapes For Humani...
- Neil Peart Taking Center Stage: Lifetime of Live P...
- Neil Peart: Then and Now
- Alex Lifeson Included in Guitar Player Magazine's ...
- ▼ September (21)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2015 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.