Update: A fifth video interview installment has just been posted. Available HERE, this piece features Geddy discussing the recording process of the drumming parts on Clockwork Angels. Thanks RushFanForever for the new link.
MusicRadar.Com has just posted a four-part video interview with Geddy Lee focusing on different aspects of the recording of Clockwork Angels.
Part 1 of the interview, titled Recording Straight After a World Tour, features Geddy discussing the popularity of the Time Machine World Tour and how its success ultimately delayed the final recording of Clockwork Angels.
In Part 2 of the interview, titled How Recording Processes Change, Geddy talks about the advancement of technology and how that has fundamentally changed the aspect of recording an album (both positive and negative) and the band's attempt of embracing the new technology while still holding on to tried and true recording methods of years past.
In Part 3, which is called Recording Clockwork Angels, Geddy chats about recording Clockwork Angels in Nashville for the opening two tracks, and prior to the Time Machine Tour and then, after the tour, continuing the recording in Toronto.
And finally Part 4, which is titled Switching Instruments, Geddy talks about how he and Alex Lifeson switched instruments for the initial writing of the song 'The Wreckers'.
Thanks to RushFanForever for the news.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Saturday, July 14, 2012
Four-Part Geddy Lee Video Interview Now Available at MusicRadar
Posted by Jag2112 at Saturday, July 14, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- Classic Rush Track to be Featured in Anthrax Cover...
- Happy Birthday Geddy Lee
- Rolling Stone's Readers' Poll of Favorite Prog Roc...
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #6
- Rush Select "The Wreckers" As The Next Single From...
- Clockwork Angels: The Novel Special Autographed / ...
- Full Steam: M Music & Musicians Magazine Interview...
- Sonic Element's Moving Signals & Waves: A Tribute ...
- Geddy Lee Talks Clockwork Angels Track by Track
- Geddy Lee: The Grapes Of Rush
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #5
- Four-Part Geddy Lee Video Interview Now Available ...
- Rush: A Brief History of Time Part IX
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #4
- Clockwork Angels Authentic Guitar Tab Book Now Ava...
- Rush's Clockwork Angels Named Best Album of 2012 -...
- Geddy Lee Bass Guitar Magazine Interview: Like Clo...
- Geddy Lee Interview on My Planet Rocks Program Thi...
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #3
- Interview with Brian Gardner on Mastering Clockwor...
- Geddy Lee Interviews on BBC Radio
- ▼ July (21)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.