M Music & Musicians Online Magazine has just published a joint interview with Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson. Titled Full Steam, the interview touches upon subjects such as the writing and concept development process of Clockwork Angels, working with producer Nick Raskulinecz, recording at Revolution Recording in Toronto and looking ahead to the tour -- and the future:What does the future hold?You can read the entire interview at this LINK.
LIFESON: It seems that with every tour we feel like we’re playing better and better. The show is getting tighter, and we sense greater confidence in our playing abilities. And in a production sense, the show has also developed with every new album and every new tour. So there are always ways to move forward. We’ve always set a high standard for ourselves in terms of our playing, and the fact that we’re getting a lot of younger people in the audience indicates that they’re looking for players. The show is over three hours, and there are not too many bands that do that these days.
LEE: We’re going to be rehearsing for at least seven or eight weeks this summer to make sure that we can play these songs. Putting the tour together is a big job, and obviously we want our fans to love what we’re putting together. So it’s hard to see past that, to be honest. We’ll figure it out.
Thanks to Eric from Power Windows for sending along the news.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Monday, July 23, 2012
Full Steam: M Music & Musicians Magazine Interview with Geddy Lee & Alex Lifeson
Posted by Jag2112 at Monday, July 23, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- Classic Rush Track to be Featured in Anthrax Cover...
- Happy Birthday Geddy Lee
- Rolling Stone's Readers' Poll of Favorite Prog Roc...
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #6
- Rush Select "The Wreckers" As The Next Single From...
- Clockwork Angels: The Novel Special Autographed / ...
- Full Steam: M Music & Musicians Magazine Interview...
- Sonic Element's Moving Signals & Waves: A Tribute ...
- Geddy Lee Talks Clockwork Angels Track by Track
- Geddy Lee: The Grapes Of Rush
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #5
- Four-Part Geddy Lee Video Interview Now Available ...
- Rush: A Brief History of Time Part IX
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #4
- Clockwork Angels Authentic Guitar Tab Book Now Ava...
- Rush's Clockwork Angels Named Best Album of 2012 -...
- Geddy Lee Bass Guitar Magazine Interview: Like Clo...
- Geddy Lee Interview on My Planet Rocks Program Thi...
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #3
- Interview with Brian Gardner on Mastering Clockwor...
- Geddy Lee Interviews on BBC Radio
- ▼ July (21)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.