The July 2012 issue of the UK's Bass Guitar Magazine features Geddy Lee on the cover and an accompanying article titled Like Clockwork. The article, which is now online and can be read HERE, has Geddy discussing numerous topics including "...tone, touring and tricky bass parts..." Geddy also talks in length about his bass technician John McIntosh:Although Rush have spent decades pioneering new ways of making cutting-edge rock music, Geddy is not always keen to abandon his tried and trusted bass sounds in favour of new and untested possibilities. He explains, "As a player, when I find a sound I like, I tend to stick with it, and just leave it. I don't want to mess with it, once I've got to a place I like - but John is really good, he's always throwing different options at me, which is stimulating. It's good for me. During our downtime, John got the sound of these different pickups, made me a CD of each of them and sent it to me. I wasn't too interested in thinking about my bass sound when I was on holiday, but as soon as I got back to work, I was keen to hear what he had done, and it worked out well, because although my main bass remains largely unchanged, what we did was use some of the different basses on three or four tracks of the album, just to utilise different pickup sounds."For information about ordering your own copy of this issue, please click HERE.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Sunday, July 8, 2012
Geddy Lee Bass Guitar Magazine Interview: Like Clockwork - Now Online
Posted by Jag2112 at Sunday, July 08, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- Classic Rush Track to be Featured in Anthrax Cover...
- Happy Birthday Geddy Lee
- Rolling Stone's Readers' Poll of Favorite Prog Roc...
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #6
- Rush Select "The Wreckers" As The Next Single From...
- Clockwork Angels: The Novel Special Autographed / ...
- Full Steam: M Music & Musicians Magazine Interview...
- Sonic Element's Moving Signals & Waves: A Tribute ...
- Geddy Lee Talks Clockwork Angels Track by Track
- Geddy Lee: The Grapes Of Rush
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #5
- Four-Part Geddy Lee Video Interview Now Available ...
- Rush: A Brief History of Time Part IX
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #4
- Clockwork Angels Authentic Guitar Tab Book Now Ava...
- Rush's Clockwork Angels Named Best Album of 2012 -...
- Geddy Lee Bass Guitar Magazine Interview: Like Clo...
- Geddy Lee Interview on My Planet Rocks Program Thi...
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #3
- Interview with Brian Gardner on Mastering Clockwor...
- Geddy Lee Interviews on BBC Radio
- ▼ July (21)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.