Roadrunner Records, Rush's music label, has just released the essay that is expected to appear in the upcoming Clockwork Angels Tour Book. As with all of Rush's Tour Books, Neil Peart penned the essay.
In it, Neil discusses, among several topics, the inspiration of the Steampunk Theme of Clockwork Angels:My friend Kevin J. Anderson was among the pioneers of a genre of science fiction that came to be called "steampunk" - a more romantic, idealistic reaction against the "cyberpunk" futurists, with their scenarios of dehumanized, alienated, dystopian societies. Our own previous excursions into the future, 2112 and "Red Barchetta," had been set in that darker kind of imagining, for dramatic and allegorical effect. This time I was thinking of steampunk's definition as "The future as it ought to have been," or "The future as seen from the past" - as imagined by Jules Verne and H. G. Wells in the late nineteenth century.You can read the entry essay at this LINK.
It is also available at http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/artist/Rush under the "Biography" tab.
Thanks to Eric Hansen from Power Windows for the news.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Friday, May 18, 2012
Clockwork Angels Tour Book Essay by Neil Peart Now Online
Posted by Jag2112 at Friday, May 18, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- Neil Peart News, Weather, and Sports June 2012 Upd...
- Clockwork Angels Track Audio Samples Now Online
- Clockwork Angels: The Novel Official Press Release...
- Classic Rock Clockwork Angels FanPack Preview E-zi...
- Alex Lifeson Talks Clockwork Angels Track-by-Track...
- Geddy Lee's Ludicrous Machines - New SPIN Intervie...
- Rush Add Three New European Dates - Will Perform a...
- Metal Express Interview with Alex Lifeson
- Rush On The Cover of the July 2012 Issue of Classi...
- Clockwork Angels Tour Book Essay by Neil Peart Now...
- MIDIpedals.Com Interview With Rush Roadie Tony Ger...
- Rush Add Second Toronto Show - Release European Fa...
- Rush Announce Initial 2013 European Tour Dates
- Clockwork Angels Novel Artwork Revealed
- Clockwork Angels Full Album Reviewed from The Digi...
- Geddy Lee Exclusive Interview on Planet Rock - May...
- Producer Nick Raskulinecz talks Rush's Clockwork A...
- Clockwork Angels Full Album Reviewed Track by Trac...
- Rush Receive Governor General's Performing Arts Aw...
- Rush Featured in Classic Rock Presents PROG Magazi...
- Rush Visit Rush Visit Canada's House Of Commons
- Rush Wins Governor General's Performing Arts Award...
- ▼ May (22)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.