Update (05/14/2013): The entire issue has been scanned and transcribed and can be viewed at this LINK. Enjoy.
The 35th issue of the U.K. Progressive music magazine PROG will contain a 14-page feature on Rush to help celebrate the band's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, their 45th Anniversary (if you date back to 1968) and the UK leg of their Clockwork Angels tour. PROG is also offering up an "ultimate collector’s edition" of the magazine which will be published as a Hardback. This edition will include 12 extra pages of Rush content.
From the announcement:It’s a big year for Canadian giants Rush. They’re celebrating their 45th anniversary, they’re touring the UK, and they’ve finally secured entry to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.I also spoke with the art editor of PROG magazine who indicated that this issue would be "...covering little known facts from their 45 years together (pre-Peart included)...and rare photos as well. We've spoken recently to Geddy and taken previously un-used material from recent Neil and Alex interviews with our sister mag, Classic Rock. It's a celebration of Rush as well as looking forward to the tour..."
In honour of the band’s unequalled musical achievements and their incredible bond with their fans, we’re launching a limited hardback edition of Prog Magazine No35.
It features 12 extra pages of Rush coverage alongside the 14 pages which will appear in the standard edition of the magazine.
The ultimate collector’s edition of Prog is available for preorder now and goes on sale April 17.
In addition to the normal print and hardback editions, a digital edition of the magazine will also be available.
To pre-order your copy, click HERE.
Thanks to Russell Fairbrother of PROG for informing us about the special issue.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order The Latest from Rush Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Friday, April 5, 2013
Special Rush Edition of PROG Magazine Coming April 17th
Posted by Jag2112 at Friday, April 05, 2013
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- ► 2016 (70)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (102)
- Commemorative Rush Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induct...
- Rush's 2013 Clockwork Angels Tour Launches Tonight...
- New Neil Peart Interview from Classic Rock Magazin...
- Hockey Night in Canada Features Rush in the Openin...
- Rush's Clockwork Angels Wins Album of the Year Jun...
- Time Stand Still: Rush Inducted into the Rock & Ro...
- Rush Stamp Coming from the Canada Post
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony: Liv...
- Rush Articles on their Upcoming Rock & Roll Hall o...
- Founding Rush Drummer John Rutsey Excluded from Ro...
- Special Los Angeles Screening of Rush: Beyond the ...
- Rush Sighting on Jeopardy ... Again!
- Alex Lifeson Feature on Sirius XM's Classic Vinyl ...
- New Book - "Diehards" - Features Original Essay by...
- Geddy Lee "Around the Basses" Sirius XM Special No...
- Special Rush Edition of PROG Magazine Coming April...
- Rush's Limelight Featured on American Idol
- Rush Donates Items for Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 20...
- Geddy Lee Throws a Strike in Ceremonial First Pitc...
- Rush Take a Tour of Rolling Stone's Headquarters
- ▼ April (20)
- ► 2012 (220)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2017 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.