Rush's management and legal teams have formally issued a Cease & Desist letter to Rush Limbaugh, the American radio talk show host and conservative political commentator, demanding that he stop using snippets of the band's music during his radio show. Here's the actual letter:The Rush Limbaugh Show 1270 Avenue of the Americas New York, NY 10020 RushLimbaugh.com Premiere Radio Networks.You can read more about this at this LINK.
Ladies & Gentlemen:
I am the attorney for Rush, their management company, S.R.O. Management Inc., their music publishing company, Core Music Publishing and their record company, The Anthem Entertainment Group Inc.
According to media reports, Rush Limbaugh, Premiere Radio Networks and The Rush Limbaugh Show have been using Rush's recorded music as part of what is essentially a political broadcast.
The use of Rush's music in this way is an infringement of Rush's copyrights and trademarks. The public performance of Rush's music is not licensed for political purposes and any such use is in breach of public performance licenses and constitutes copyright infringement. There are civil and criminal remedies for copyright infringement, including statutory damages and fines.
(see sections 501-513 of Title 17 of the United States Code http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html)
In addition, the use of Rush's music in this manner implies an endorsement of the views expressed and products advertised on the show, and is in breach of not only copyright and trademark rights, but also, of section 51 of the New York Civil Rights Law (excerpt attached).
Accordingly, we hereby demand that you immediately stop all use of Rush's music and confirm that you will do so.
Yours very truly,
Robert A. Farmer
Director of Legal Affairs
S.R.O. Management Inc.,
Core Music Publishing
The Anthem Entertainment Group Inc.
Thanks to all of you for sending this news my way and for Ed from RushIsABand for the great image!
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order The Latest from Rush Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Rush Issue Cease & Desist Letter to Rush Limbaugh
Posted by Jag2112 at Wednesday, March 07, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- ► 2016 (50)
- ► 2015 (114)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (162)
- Rush's Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland DVD Lo...
- Clockwork Angels Update - First New Song Title Rev...
- Neil Peart Guest Appearance on Upcoming Vertical H...
- Neil Peart Discusses His Love of Vintage Cars and ...
- Rush Reference on Third Season Finale of FX's Arch...
- Guns and Roses' Slash Comments on Rush and the Roc...
- Clockwork Angels Novel Now Available for Pre-Order...
- First Single from Clockwork Angels Coming Friday, ...
- Neil Peart Confirmed for LA Music Academy's Drumme...
- Alex Lifeson Limited Edition Signed Prints - Now A...
- Jammit Launches on the Mac Desktop with Rush's Tom...
- Alex Lifeson Makes Guest Appearance on Upcoming Ja...
- Rush To Be Honored With The Ronnie James Dio Lifet...
- Sonic Elements' XYZ: A Tribute To Rush Coming in A...
- MIDIpedals.Com Interview With Rush Roadie Tony Ge...
- Rush Ranks #32 on Billboard's "Top 40 Money Makers...
- Another Rush Reference on FX's Archer
- Rush Issue Cease & Desist Letter to Rush Limbaugh
- Rush Wins Governor General's Performing Arts Award...
- Neil Peart Inducted Into the 2011 Classic Drummer ...
- Clockwork Angels Release Date: May 23rd, 2012
- Neil Peart To Appear In New Ginger Baker Documenta...
- Rush Featured in New Yorker Satire Piece: The Newe...
- ▼ March (23)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2016 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.