Billboard Magazine has posted a list of the Top 40 Money Makers of 2012 noting the net revenue from album/video sales and concert tours from 2011 (Not really sure why they're calling it the 2012 list).
Coming in at the #32 spot was Rush's, led by the 2011 leg of their Time Machine Tour:RushThanks to GeddyWannaBe and Sam Forth for passing along the news.
The Canadian prog-rock power trio remains a mighty draw on the road, thanks to the band's deep catalog of anthems like "Tom Sawyer," "Closer to the Heart" and "The Spirit of Radio," and the chops of bassist/vocalist Geddy Lee, guitarist Alex Lifeson and drummer Neil Peart. The band's Time Machine tour continued through the first half of 2011, grossing $14.1 million in the United States and netting $4.8 million. Rush also made noise at retail, generating U.S. album sales of 431,000 units. Adding to the revenue mix: a concert recording titled "Time Machine: Live in Cleveland 2011" debuted and peaked at No. 54 on the Billboard 200 in November, with the live show kicking off a new deal with Roadrunner Records.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order The Latest from Rush Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Rush Ranks #32 on Billboard's "Top 40 Money Makers of 2012"
Posted by Jag2112 at Saturday, March 10, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- ► 2015 (79)
- ► 2014 (102)
- ► 2013 (162)
- Rush's Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland DVD Lo...
- Clockwork Angels Update - First New Song Title Rev...
- Neil Peart Guest Appearance on Upcoming Vertical H...
- Neil Peart Discusses His Love of Vintage Cars and ...
- Rush Reference on Third Season Finale of FX's Arch...
- Guns and Roses' Slash Comments on Rush and the Roc...
- Clockwork Angels Novel Now Available for Pre-Order...
- First Single from Clockwork Angels Coming Friday, ...
- Neil Peart Confirmed for LA Music Academy's Drumme...
- Alex Lifeson Limited Edition Signed Prints - Now A...
- Jammit Launches on the Mac Desktop with Rush's Tom...
- Alex Lifeson Makes Guest Appearance on Upcoming Ja...
- Rush To Be Honored With The Ronnie James Dio Lifet...
- Sonic Elements' XYZ: A Tribute To Rush Coming in A...
- MIDIpedals.Com Interview With Rush Roadie Tony Ge...
- Rush Ranks #32 on Billboard's "Top 40 Money Makers...
- Another Rush Reference on FX's Archer
- Rush Issue Cease & Desist Letter to Rush Limbaugh
- Rush Wins Governor General's Performing Arts Award...
- Neil Peart Inducted Into the 2011 Classic Drummer ...
- Clockwork Angels Release Date: May 23rd, 2012
- Neil Peart To Appear In New Ginger Baker Documenta...
- Rush Featured in New Yorker Satire Piece: The Newe...
- ▼ March (23)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2015 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.