An interview with Alex Lifeson is featured in the June 2012 issue of High Times Magazine. The discussion with Alex focuses on Rush's influence with marijuana, his thoughts on the legalization of the drug and its inspiration on the Rush classic A Passage to Bangkok.
However a comment about the making of Clockwork Angels was particularly interesting...You founded Rush in 1968 and still seem to find so much joy in recording and performing. What makes this new album unique?You can read the entire article at this LINK.
All of our records are thematic, but this one is a little more of an old-fashioned concept album in the tradition of 2112 and Hemispheres. We just recorded a string section yesterday for five of the songs-we still have to sit down and see what we'll use from that, but it sounded fantastic. Rush hasn't used strings in a while, and it's really added a lot of emotional impact to the songs.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Friday, April 20, 2012
Alex Lifeson: The High Times Interview Now Online
Posted by Jag2112 at Friday, April 20, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- Rush Featured in June 2012 Issue of MOJO Magazine
- MIDIpedals.Com Interview With Rush Roadie Tony Ger...
- Rush's Headlong Flight Now Available on Amazon and...
- Rush Announces Clockwork Angels Tour Pre-Sale Deta...
- Alex Lifeson: The High Times Interview Now Online
- Rush Clockwork Angels Concert Pre-Sale Information...
- Rush Release Official Clockwork Angels Tour Inform...
- Rush's Headlong Flight Now Streaming Online!
- Clockwork Angels Tour Dates Begin to Surface
- Rush: Headlong Flight Single Update: Cover Art Rev...
- Rush Receive Revolver's Ronnie James Dio Lifetime ...
- Clockwork Angels to be Released in Lossless 96kHz/...
- Rush Clockwork Angels Tracklist, Trailer and Offic...
- Classic Rock Presents Rush - Clockwork Angels Fanp...
- Original Geddy Lee Portrait Available for Sale
- Headlong Flight Single from Clockwork Angels Relea...
- Rush Clockwork Angels Album Cover and Tour Book Ar...
- Anthrax to Cover Rush's Anthem on an Upcoming Trib...
- Rush to Appear on the Cover of Rolling Stone Magaz...
- ▼ April (19)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.