Classic Rock Revisited has just posted a new interview with Alex Lifeson in an article titled Life Lessons - An Interview with Alex Lifeson of Rush. In the interview, Alex discusses several topics including the dark period for Rush after Neil's tragedies and the first steps back as a band with the release of Vapor Trails:Rush took an extraordinarily long time, fourteen months, recording the album. The album was not an immediate hit. The band’s loyal fan base was thrilled to hear Rush back in action, although the music was clearly not the best the band had ever created. One of the most shocking aspects of the album was the lack of guitar solos by Lifeson. This was a man who became famous for his exceptional way of blending melody with balls to the wall musical passages.Along with some discussions surrounding the making of Clockwork Angels, Alex had this to say about the upcoming tour - and the setlist:With the tour for Clockwork Angels looming in the distance, Lifeson reveals the band is not yet sure what songs, both new and old, will end up making the final set list. “We’re still trading emails regarding the set. Right now, the set is probably somewhere around four hours long. Our target is about three hours and ten minutes of music. We need to really pull it back. There are a lot of older songs that we want to bring back for this tour. There are a lot of great classic rock songs that we haven’t played in a very long time. We don’t what to short change those songs but, of course, you always want to play your most current stuff. It is tempting to look at Clockwork Angels as the whole thing but we will see. We start rehearsals next month and we’ll have a better idea of how we want to approach that whole thing.”Check out the entire interview at this LINK.
Thanks to Eric from Power Windows for passing along the link.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Life Lessons - An Interview with Alex Lifeson of Rush
Posted by Jag2112 at Thursday, June 21, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- In The Mood: The Favourite Albums Of Rush's Geddy ...
- Ottawa Citizen Article on Rush: Truly Canadian
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #2
- Geddy Lee on Singing Neil Peart's Lyrics - New Vid...
- Neil Peart Interview with Sirius XM's Jim Ladd Now...
- Rush's Sound Engineer Rich Chycki Discusses Clockw...
- Interview: Geddy Lee and Billy Corgan Talk Albums ...
- Life Lessons - An Interview with Alex Lifeson of R...
- Rush's Clockwork Angels Debuts at #2 on the Billbo...
- The Edge Walk Angels - Six Rush Fans Plan Charity ...
- Rush Bringing String Ensemble on Clockwork Angels ...
- New Alex Lifeson Interview with Rolling Stone Maga...
- Rush Clockwork Angels Interview with Jeff Woods of...
- RushCon 12 Announces Details and Open Registration...
- Neil Peart On Rush's New LP and Being a 'Bleeding ...
- Rush Release Clockwork Angels - To Rave Reviews
- Producer Nick Raskulinecz on Rush's Clockwork Ange...
- Rush In The Studio Live With Jeff Woods
- Canada's Long & McQuade's Ultimate Rush Experience...
- Own a Piece of Rush History - Neil Peart's Red Tam...
- Hour-Long Geddy Lee Interview on Planet Rock - Jun...
- Decibrity Playlist: “Best of” Rush"
- Clockwork Angels Lyrics and Liner Notes and Album ...
- Neil Peart Named Modern Drummer Magazine's "Best P...
- Ted Leo's Life With Rush: Closer to the Heart
- Geddy Lee Classic Rock Video Interview Now Online
- New Video Interview with Geddy Lee from Stormbring...
- New Audio Samples From Clockwork Angels Now Availa...
- Inside Rush: Clockwork Angels Radio Special
- ▼ June (29)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.