Rolling Stone has justed posted an interview/article with Neil Peart. Titled Neil Peart On Rush's New LP and Being a 'Bleeding Heart Libertarian', the interview discusses the band's latest concept record, their upcoming tour, there increased presence in pop culture and where Neil stands politically these days. Here are some key excerpts from the interview:This record examines a very different future than what you portrayed in Rush's 2112 album. Are they companion pieces in any way?Read the entire interview at this LINK.
No, in every way. It's really different. 2112 was released in 1976. I was younger than you are. We were feeling our way musically, lyrically, technically on our instruments. All of those things were in the growing stage. But if someone had asked me two years ago, honestly, "Do you think you guys will do a concept album with a full story?" I'd say, "No!" I would've laughed or sneered, honestly. So that's the nice thing, that this wasn't at all overly considered or plotted at all. It's just something among the three of us and our enthusiasms it grew. It was nice and organic.
Is part of you tempted to just play this whole album straight through on this tour, like you did with Moving Pictures last time?
Honestly, we never know until we get to rehearsals. We always pick at least a half-dozen songs more than we end up playing, because the show gets too long. The songs we pick are the songs we want to play, and this time we picked a whole bunch of older ones that we want to bring back and present in a different way. So our wishlist always exceeds what's possible.
I feel like Rush has gotten more attention in the past few years than any time I can remember. How do you feel about that? Does it feel like vindication? Do you care at all?
It is a vindication. I'm ambivalent, personally. Too much attention and hoopla doesn't agree with my temperament. I'm more introverted and I like to be an observer, so I'm ambivalent about that part, but it is a great vindication … and for our fans. Because as much as we're been vilified over the years, they were, too. It was always like, "Oh, what do you know? You're a Rush fan." You could definitely hear that in the schoolyard.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Neil Peart On Rush's New LP and Being a 'Bleeding Heart Libertarian'
Posted by Jag2112 at Tuesday, June 12, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- In The Mood: The Favourite Albums Of Rush's Geddy ...
- Ottawa Citizen Article on Rush: Truly Canadian
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #2
- Geddy Lee on Singing Neil Peart's Lyrics - New Vid...
- Neil Peart Interview with Sirius XM's Jim Ladd Now...
- Rush's Sound Engineer Rich Chycki Discusses Clockw...
- Interview: Geddy Lee and Billy Corgan Talk Albums ...
- Life Lessons - An Interview with Alex Lifeson of R...
- Rush's Clockwork Angels Debuts at #2 on the Billbo...
- The Edge Walk Angels - Six Rush Fans Plan Charity ...
- Rush Bringing String Ensemble on Clockwork Angels ...
- New Alex Lifeson Interview with Rolling Stone Maga...
- Rush Clockwork Angels Interview with Jeff Woods of...
- RushCon 12 Announces Details and Open Registration...
- Neil Peart On Rush's New LP and Being a 'Bleeding ...
- Rush Release Clockwork Angels - To Rave Reviews
- Producer Nick Raskulinecz on Rush's Clockwork Ange...
- Rush In The Studio Live With Jeff Woods
- Canada's Long & McQuade's Ultimate Rush Experience...
- Own a Piece of Rush History - Neil Peart's Red Tam...
- Hour-Long Geddy Lee Interview on Planet Rock - Jun...
- Decibrity Playlist: “Best of” Rush"
- Clockwork Angels Lyrics and Liner Notes and Album ...
- Neil Peart Named Modern Drummer Magazine's "Best P...
- Ted Leo's Life With Rush: Closer to the Heart
- Geddy Lee Classic Rock Video Interview Now Online
- New Video Interview with Geddy Lee from Stormbring...
- New Audio Samples From Clockwork Angels Now Availa...
- Inside Rush: Clockwork Angels Radio Special
- ▼ June (29)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.