The results of the Modern Drummer Magazine 2012 Readers Poll are now in and available in the magazine's July 2012 issue, which just hit the newsstands. Not too surprisingly, Neil Peart ended up winning in the Best Prog Drummer category as well as in the Best Educational DVD category for his instructional video Taking Center Stage
From the magazine:As the old joke goes, if an entry for progressive rock drummer were in the dictionary, it would be Peart's face that you'd see. Neil's a bona fide cultural touchstone, nearly forty years into his career - but somehow he seems more active than ever. Last year saw the Rush drummer/lyricist appear on MD's December cover, release the book Far and Away: A Prize Every Time, participate in the legendary Canadian band's Time Machine tour, release the DVDs Taking Center Stage and Fire on Ice: The Making of the Hockey Theme, and anchor the first drum solo week on Letterman.Rounding out the top five Prog Drummers were Mike Mangini at #2, Todd Sucherman at #3, Marco Minnemann at #4 and Carl Palmer at #5.
Thanks to Ed from RushIsABand for the news.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Neil Peart Named Modern Drummer Magazine's "Best Prog Drummer/Best Educational DVD" for 2012
Posted by Jag2112 at Wednesday, June 06, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- In The Mood: The Favourite Albums Of Rush's Geddy ...
- Ottawa Citizen Article on Rush: Truly Canadian
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #2
- Geddy Lee on Singing Neil Peart's Lyrics - New Vid...
- Neil Peart Interview with Sirius XM's Jim Ladd Now...
- Rush's Sound Engineer Rich Chycki Discusses Clockw...
- Interview: Geddy Lee and Billy Corgan Talk Albums ...
- Life Lessons - An Interview with Alex Lifeson of R...
- Rush's Clockwork Angels Debuts at #2 on the Billbo...
- The Edge Walk Angels - Six Rush Fans Plan Charity ...
- Rush Bringing String Ensemble on Clockwork Angels ...
- New Alex Lifeson Interview with Rolling Stone Maga...
- Rush Clockwork Angels Interview with Jeff Woods of...
- RushCon 12 Announces Details and Open Registration...
- Neil Peart On Rush's New LP and Being a 'Bleeding ...
- Rush Release Clockwork Angels - To Rave Reviews
- Producer Nick Raskulinecz on Rush's Clockwork Ange...
- Rush In The Studio Live With Jeff Woods
- Canada's Long & McQuade's Ultimate Rush Experience...
- Own a Piece of Rush History - Neil Peart's Red Tam...
- Hour-Long Geddy Lee Interview on Planet Rock - Jun...
- Decibrity Playlist: “Best of” Rush"
- Clockwork Angels Lyrics and Liner Notes and Album ...
- Neil Peart Named Modern Drummer Magazine's "Best P...
- Ted Leo's Life With Rush: Closer to the Heart
- Geddy Lee Classic Rock Video Interview Now Online
- New Video Interview with Geddy Lee from Stormbring...
- New Audio Samples From Clockwork Angels Now Availa...
- Inside Rush: Clockwork Angels Radio Special
- ▼ June (29)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.