Last week Rolling Stone Magazine posted an interview with Neil Peart discussing the band's latest album, the upcoming tour and other topics. Not known for having much love for Rush, that piece was a bit of a surprise. On the heels of that article comes another interview from Rolling Stone Magazine; this time with Alex Lifeson.
Titled Q&A: Rush's Alex Lifeson on 'Clockwork' Tour Setlist, Hall of Fame Prospects, the interview touches upon several topics including the set list for the upcoming Clockwork Angels Tour, the making of the album and the age-old story about Rush's exclusion from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
From the article:It's got to be tough to make a setlist when you have so much history to draw from.Check out the entire article via this LINK.
Yeah, it is. It's very difficult. We want to play the new material. We sort of go back and forth. "Should we play the whole thing? Or should we play most of it, or some of it, and mix it up?" It's always very difficult, and having come off a tour where we featured an album in its entirety, it makes the idea of featuring the whole of Clockwork Angels that much more appealing.
I think for the first leg of the tour, at the very least, we'll do most of the record – not all of it, but we'll do most of it. The material that's coming up amongst the three of us in the e-mails that we're sharing is the older material. There's a lot of stuff in there that we haven't played before, and we haven't played in a long time so it's got a freshness to it this time around. We'll always have to play that handful of songs that we've had the most commercial success with, but mixing it up with some other material that we haven't played in a long time is really great. It's shaping up to be a pretty good set.
I imagine you're tired of this subject, but I know a lot of people are furious that you guys aren't in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. How do you feel about it?
Honestly, we really, really don't care about it. It's someone's thing, and they can do whatever they want with it. They can have whomever they like. It's their thing.
It's a little bit different here in Canada. We've received awards that mean an awful lot more to us than being in the Hall of Fame. We got the Governor General's Performing Arts Award a couple weeks ago. That's really the highest accolade you can get in this country for the performing arts, and it's recognized nationally, and I felt so proud as a Canadian to be in this esteemed group of artists that have been there for the last 20 years.
Thanks to Eric from Power Windows for passing along the news.
Main Cygnus Header Code
Cygnus-X1.Net - A Tribute to Rush - Latest News on Rush
Order Rush's New Album CLOCKWORK ANGELS Today!
Follow Cygnus-X1.Net On Facebook, Twitter and via an RSS Feed
Thank You For Supporting Cygnus-X1.Net
Click for Tour Dates
Monday, June 18, 2012
New Alex Lifeson Interview with Rolling Stone Magazine
Posted by Jag2112 at Monday, June 18, 2012
- Cygnus-X1.Net Rush News Archive -
- In The Mood: The Favourite Albums Of Rush's Geddy ...
- Ottawa Citizen Article on Rush: Truly Canadian
- Clockwork Angels Charting Update - Week #2
- Geddy Lee on Singing Neil Peart's Lyrics - New Vid...
- Neil Peart Interview with Sirius XM's Jim Ladd Now...
- Rush's Sound Engineer Rich Chycki Discusses Clockw...
- Interview: Geddy Lee and Billy Corgan Talk Albums ...
- Life Lessons - An Interview with Alex Lifeson of R...
- Rush's Clockwork Angels Debuts at #2 on the Billbo...
- The Edge Walk Angels - Six Rush Fans Plan Charity ...
- Rush Bringing String Ensemble on Clockwork Angels ...
- New Alex Lifeson Interview with Rolling Stone Maga...
- Rush Clockwork Angels Interview with Jeff Woods of...
- RushCon 12 Announces Details and Open Registration...
- Neil Peart On Rush's New LP and Being a 'Bleeding ...
- Rush Release Clockwork Angels - To Rave Reviews
- Producer Nick Raskulinecz on Rush's Clockwork Ange...
- Rush In The Studio Live With Jeff Woods
- Canada's Long & McQuade's Ultimate Rush Experience...
- Own a Piece of Rush History - Neil Peart's Red Tam...
- Hour-Long Geddy Lee Interview on Planet Rock - Jun...
- Decibrity Playlist: “Best of” Rush"
- Clockwork Angels Lyrics and Liner Notes and Album ...
- Neil Peart Named Modern Drummer Magazine's "Best P...
- Ted Leo's Life With Rush: Closer to the Heart
- Geddy Lee Classic Rock Video Interview Now Online
- New Video Interview with Geddy Lee from Stormbring...
- New Audio Samples From Clockwork Angels Now Availa...
- Inside Rush: Clockwork Angels Radio Special
- ▼ June (29)
- Cygnus-X1.Net (Even Older) Rush News Archives -
|January-March 2011 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2010 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2010 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2010 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2010 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2009 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2009 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2009 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2009 Rush News Archive|
|October-December 2008 Rush News Archive|
|July-September 2008 Rush News Archive|
|April-June 2008 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2008 Rush News Archive|
|September-December 2007 Rush News Archive|
|June-August 2007 Rush News Archive|
|April-May 2007 Rush News Archive|
|January-March 2007 Rush News Archive|
|2006 Rush News Archive|
|2004-2005 Rush News Archive|
All Rush-related content with the exception of the "Reviews" and "Rush Links" sections of this site are (c) 1997-2012 Anthem Entertainment.
"Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "A Tribute to Rush" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Rush and/or Atlantic Records and/or Mercury Records
and/or Anthem Entertainment; their parents or their affiliates. "Rush" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias
are trademarks of Atlantic and/or Mercury Records. No infringement on the rights of these entities is intended.